From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:23:13
1 George Garvey wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 04:17:45PM +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >
4 >>reinstall, again I must wonder why he would complain that such a
5 >>reinstall is now likely to be much easier, and lead to a functioning
6 >>system (from which he can emerge -e world to his heart's content) much
7 >>faster.
10 > No, you presume a strange point of view on Steve's part, quite
11 > unfairly. That is why he posted: stage 3 did NOT leave him a
12 > functioning system from his POV. I don't know the right or wrong of
13 > this, but implying Steve is an idiot seems quite derogatory. But maybe
14 > I just have a strange point of view.
15
16 She didn't say Stage 3 would leave him with a functioning system - she
17 said that it's *faster* to get to a functioning system from Stage 3 than
18 it would be from Stage 2 or 1.
21 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
22 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
23 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list