From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Recovery mode blank screen
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 17:23:03
1 For the first time in ages, today I tried booting into the recovery
2 mode. Initially I did it by entering the editor mode in grub and just
3 appending "single" to the regular entry, but when that failed (see
4 below) I enabled the recovery entries in /etc/default/grub, rerun
5 grub-mkconfig and rebooted to one of the new recovery entries. Same
6 result, namely: blank screen at the point where console video mode and
7 font normally switches to the settings configured in
8 /etc/conf.d/consolefont. Multiuser boot continues to work as before.
9
10 This is not a show stopper because I can make a recovery flash drive but
11 it is annoying. Anyone else seen similar and can help uncovering the
12 causes?
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
18 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.