From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 05:20:26
1 Just what I needed. Thanks!
2
3 On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
5 >>
6 >> I used to think that eix did that.
7 >>
8 >> After eixing back and forth for some non-existent
9 >> app-office/{kugar,koshell,kexi} (wouldn't show up on my eixes) that
10 >> was holding back my --depcleans of kdelibs:3.5 and
11 >> koffice-{libs,data}:3.5, then doubling back on the manual page, I
12 >> discovered it didn't :D
13 >>
14 >> Is there an option or filter I could pass to qlist to find out which
15 >> packages are installed but not in the portage tree(s)? The qlist -ICv
16 >> suggestion from the eix man page only shows all installed packages. My
17 >> goal is to either remove them or put them in the local overlay.
20 > I think "eix-test-obsolete -d" will do that.  I don't have any installed
21 > that are not in portage at the moment so I can't test it to be sure.
22 >
23 > Be warned, this thing can output a LOT of stuff.  If you are in a console,
24 > you may want to pipe to a text file or to less or something.
25 >
26 > Dale
27 >
35 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
36 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no
37 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [ ] none