From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Weird graphical glitches after world update
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:58:09
1 On 21/11/2013 22:48, walt wrote:
2 > On 11/21/2013 07:10 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
3 >> I spent a chunk of yesterday updating world on my machines (2 file
4 >> servers and 1 netbook) and with some effort, the updates went through. I
5 >> had to go out today so I rebooted my netbook and I started noticing
6 >> weird graphical glitches in certain applications, as if parts of the
7 >> screen weren't updating,
8 >
9 > Sounds like a video driver problem. Are you using one of the proprietary
10 > video drivers (ati-drivers, nvidia-drivers, etc)?
11 >
12 > If yes, you could try:
13 >
14 > #eselect opengl list
15 > Available OpenGL implementations:
16 > [1] ati *
17 > [2] xorg-x11
18 >
19 > My ati-drivers need the proprietary version of opengl and sometimes this
20 > setting is wrong after updating the opensource mesa package.
21 >
22 > Otherwise I'd just try re-emerging your video drivers as an experiment :)
26 As replied earlier, I get this too. My video driver is radeon, I don;t
27 have the ati proprieatry drivers installed:
28
29 # eselect opengl list
30 Available OpenGL implementations:
31 [1] xorg-x11 *