From: Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2 upgrade not working
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:08:31
1 On Sunday 24 November 2013 15:32:45 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > > Did edit the new /etc/default/grub:
3 > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="dolvm"
4 >
5 > Still no booting. Hangs on loading the initial ramdisk ...
6 > I can boot using systemrescuecd. Unfortunately I finalized the install of
7 > grub2 and no longer have grub legacy installed. I regret that. Also, before
8 > I finalized the grub2 install I tested the initramfs with grub legacy and
9 > it worked. There were two new issues I addressed in this recent portage
10 > sync. One was the use of a initramfs because my / and /usr are not in the
11 > same filesystem. /usr is actually under lvm control. I created a initramfs
12 > with genkernel (--lvm option) and as I stated earlier it worked with grub
13 > legacy. So the problem is grub2 configuration at this point.
14 >
15 > Thanks for any help including info on how to go back to grub legacy if
16 > necessary.
17
18 Did you generate the config with
19 "grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg" after that?
20 Attach grub.cfg here and your /boot directory listing.
21 Also the boot messages.
22
23 If you want to get GRUB 0.97 back, it should be simple:
24 1. Boot into systemrescuecd
25 2. Chroot into you Gentoo (see the handbook)
26 3. "emerge -C grub"
27 4. "emerge grub:0"
28 5. Run grub-install