From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /etc/portage/env for a whole category
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 02:30:27
1 On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:41:52AM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 17/12/12 01:56, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:11:46PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > >> If you really want "-ggdb" instead of just "-g", then use that instead,
5 > >> though it will take more space for no real benefit, unless you actually
6 > >> need the extra debug info for some reason.
7 > >
8 > > I wasn't really sure whether I really need it. The only thing I did try was
9 > > -ggdb1.
10 >
11 > This is one of those things where if you're not sure whether you need it
12 > or not, then you don't need it :-)
13
14 Hehe. Well, sometimes I do encounter some weirdness and I would like to debug
15 it (mostly, when a KDE program crashes, which some of those do just for fun
16 from time to time).
17 --
18 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
19 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
20
21 Emacs is a great operating system, which only lacks a good editor.