From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Verification of audio CD copy?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 08:57:45
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I've got a bit of a problem recently with (I think) k3b. Over the
5 > last couple of months *some* copies of CDs made in k3b using the Clone
6 > Copy feature do not reliably play in my car's CD player. I've tried
7
8 The clone copy mode of cdrecord is definitely worse for audio CDs than
9 using cdda2wav -vall cddb=0 -paranoia and writing using cdrecord.
10
11 It makes sense to be used for "other" type CDs with complex unknown strucure.
14 > I'm wondering if there is a program that can verify the contents of
15 > each CD against each other, bit for bit, to identify whether this is a
16 > problem on all of my computers or whether it's something about my
17 > car's CD. The strange thing is that the original CDs play fine in the
18 > car. It's only the copies that sometimes don't, and it's only the
19 > copies of *some* CDs, not all CDs.
20
21 The car player may be dusty or broken (worn out laser).
22
23 You may try better quality blank media ;-)
24
25 To verify playability, you may call:
26
27 cdrecord -minfo