From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 06:57:34
1 On 31/07/2013 07:32, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > I was interested in becoming a dev for a little while, but the testing
3 > and what looks to be prolonged process kinda put me off of the idea. It
4 > just seems like a lot of bureaucratic work. Perhaps my impression is
5 > wrong, though...
6 You are right that the process is not necessarily ideal, but it all we
7 currently have.
8 Some improvements have been happening lately, though. For example, the
9 new recruiting webapp can make handling the quizzes easier, and there
10 have been efforts to increase the numbers of people who can do the final
11 recruitment process.
14 > Which projects are most in need of developers or maintainers? I wouldn't
15 > mind learning a bit more about package maintenance, portage, and ebuilds...
16 You might have better luck finding an area that interests you first, and
17 going from there.