From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lenovo USB Keyboard
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:58:31
1 I'm going to guess that the keyboard driver or something is interfering
2 with the evdev driver? Or you don't have proper evdev support in the
3 kernel? Or is your xorg.conf telling X to use a different driver?
4
5 I don't have access to a Gentoo machine right now, but when I look at a
6 similar machine (same exact keyboard though). I get this:
7
8 $ egrep -i '(key|evdev)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
9 (II) Cannot locate a core keyboard device.
10 (==) intel(0): video overlay key set to 0x101fe
11 (II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
12 (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
13 (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input//evdev_drv.so
14 (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
15 (II) ThinkPad Extra Buttons: Found keys
16 (II) ThinkPad Extra Buttons: Configuring as keyboard
17 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "ThinkPad Extra
18 Buttons" (type: KEYBOARD)
19 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
20 (**) Option "xkb_model" "evdev"
21 (II) Microsft Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1: Found keys
22 (II) Microsft Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1: Configuring as
23 keyboard
24 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Microsft Microsoft Wireless
25 Desktop Receiver 3.1" (type: KEYBOARD)
26 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
27 (II) config/hal: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
28 (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
29 (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
30 (II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
31 (II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
32 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2
33 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD)
34 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
35 (II) Microsft Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1: Found keys
36 (II) Microsft Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1: Configuring as
37 keyboard
38 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Microsft Microsoft Wireless
39 Desktop Receiver 3.1" (type: KEYBOARD)
40 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
41 (II) Sleep Button: Found keys
42 (II) Sleep Button: Configuring as keyboard
43 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sleep Button" (type:
44 KEYBOARD)
45 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
46 (**) Option "xkb_model" "evdev"
47 (II) Video Bus: Found keys
48 (II) Video Bus: Configuring as keyboard
49 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Video Bus" (type: KEYBOARD)
50 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
51 (**) Option "xkb_model" "evdev"
52 (II) Power Button: Found keys
53 (II) Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
54 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type:
55 KEYBOARD)
56 (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
57 (**) Option "xkb_model" "evdev"
58
59 Not that it is XINPUT that is driving my keyboard, not Keyboard1. So
60 I'm guessing it's the X config.
61
62 Then again, it might be gpm. Are you using gpm? Maybe it's grabbing
63 the keyboard and not letting X have it.