From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about xorg and a kill process
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:07:02
1 On Wed, 27 May 2009 09:58:44 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > Have you tried Alt-SysRq-R?
4
5 > I haven't but I may try it now tho. I have never used SysRq before.
6 > Thhinking of the is is a bit new to me. It has to be better than just
7 > pulling the plug tho. That's what I had to do last time.
8
9 You're thinking of the complete Alt-SysRq sequence to (relatively)
10 cleanly reboot. Alt-SysRq-R returns keyboard control after it has
11 been locked out by X. You should then be able to do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get
12 back to your VC.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The word 'Windows' is a word out of an old dialect of the Apaches.
19 It means: 'White man staring through glass-screen onto an hourglass...')