From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with procmail newer than procmail-3.22-r10
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 08:38:14
1 On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 05:17:44 +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > every procmail newer than procmail-3.22-r10 does not work for me.
4 > It get stuck, after displaying how many new mails has arrived.
5 >
6 > Last upated of my system was this morning which includes
7 > mail-filter/procmail-3.22-r13, which also does not work.
8 >
9 > I didn't find any message/log, which indicates the reason for
10 > the problem.
11
12 Did you see this in the elog?
13
14 LOG: postinst
15 Starting with mail-filter/procmail-3.22-r9 you'll need to ensure
16 that you configure a mail storage location using DEFAULT in
17 /etc/procmailrc, for example:
18 DEFAULT=$HOME/.maildir/
19 WARN: postinst
20 FEATURES=sfperms removes the read-bit for others from
21 /usr/bin/procmail
22 /usr/bin/lockfile
23 If you use procmail from an MTA like Exim, you need to
24 re-add the read-bit or avoid the MTA checking the binary
25 exists.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Men who have playful kittens shouldn't sleep in the nude.