From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleaning disfiles
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:36:57
1 Mike Kazantsev a écrit :
2 > On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:33:58 +0100
3 > laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 >>> But your real problem is a stupid original disk layout. Why don;t you decide
7 >>> to fix that instead of getting into cute tricks with symlinks?
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >> Because I let my server host install it with their default disk layout.
11 >> When I realise it looks pretty un-servish I had already installed http
12 >> server with client website on it.
13 >> The simplest for me was to move folders because I did not find any 'how
14 >> to' that say it would be simple de repartition with keeping your data on.
17 > It should be pretty easy to rsync /home to some other (temporary)
18 > place, 'pvcreate /dev/home-whatever' and lvcreate, say, a
19 > separate vol for portage (with it's ever-growing tree/distfiles) and
20 > for /home, leaving plenty of space to play with, should you need it
21 > either on these partitions or to create others.
22 >
23 > Well, LVM is just what I mean ;)
26 LVM...hm nice new word to me. And rsync too, looks good. Ok I will have
27 a look when I'm safer.
28 Got that emerge -v world to finish ;)
29
30 I read about a tool to color the etc-update difference, can't find it
31 again, if you know about it ;)
32 thx
33 Laurent.