From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency determination
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 05:29:14
1 On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, gentuxx wrote:
2
3 > As a clarification, I have the "net-dialup/" subtree excluded from
4 > portage as described by another thread on this list
5 > (/etc/portage/rsyc_excludes). But when I run "emerge --ask --verbose
6 > - --update --newuse --deep world", I get the "net-dialup/ppp" package as
7 > one that is queued to be installed. I can only guess that this means
8 > that it's a dependency of another package that is already installed.
9 > So, how would I found out what the "root" package is that is requiring
10 > net-dialup/ppp as a dependency?
11
12 If you add the --tree (or -t) flag to the emerge command it will show what
13 package (and/or USE flag) is pulling it in.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list