From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m I don't want modules here.
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:28:18
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 21. März 2008 schrieb Dale:
5 >> What is this and why is it so persistent about it having to be there?
8 > Because of:
9 >
10 > config SCSI_WAIT_SCAN
11 > tristate
12 > default m
13 > depends on SCSI
14 > depends on MODULES
15 >
16 > in drivers/scsi/Kconfig.
17 >
18 > HTH...
19 >
20 > Dirk
23 Oh, so I need to smack someone for forcing me to have modules when I
24 don't want any? What if this was a critical system and for security
25 reasons modules were not wanted? Then what? It's forced on them
26 anyway? This is not a critical system tho. Just my desktop rig. Just
27 curious.
28
29 It just seems weird to me. Linux is about choice right?
30
31 Thanks
32
33 Dale