From: Carlos <skyclan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HELP] Intermittent software RAID failures
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:12:09
1 Keith Dart wrote:
2 > === On Thu, 03/18, Carlos Hendson wrote: ===
3 >> I've experienced intermittent software RAID errors like those found in
4 >> the "softraid-fail.txt" attachment.
5 >
6 > ===
7 >
8 > That's most likely your disk starting to fail.
11 How would I go about categorically proving such a thing? What are the
12 right tools for the job? I found it strange that both /dev/sda8 and
13 /dev/sdb1 have reported similar problems.
14
15 No disk errors are reported when using non-RAID partitions which reside
16 on the same physical disk. This is why I'm not 100% convinced it's a
17 disk failure.
18
19 Regards,
20 Carlos