From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pppd and adsl
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:18:22
1 Chen Yufei wrote:
2 > <snip>
3 >
4 > (2) Every time I call /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 there is a warning saying
5 > that "net.ppp0 is started but is inactive" This is my /etc/conf.d/net
6 >
7 > modules=( "iproute2")
8 >
9 > config_eth0=( "192.168.0.2/24" )
10 >
11 > config_ppp0=( "ppp" )
12 > link_ppp0="eth0"
13 > plugins_ppp0=( "pppoe" )
14 > username_ppp0='xxx'
15 > password_ppp0='xxx'
16 > pppd_ppp0=( "updetach" "defaultroute" "usepeerdns")
17 >
18 > Any suggestion?
19
20 I've configured my adsl connection bit diffrently. I've my adsl
21 connection settings in /etc/conf.d/net file. Here's the contents of that
22 file
23
24 config_eth0=( "adsl" )
25 adsl_user_eth0="<username>"
26
27 also the contents of /etc/ppp/chap-secrets :
28 "<username>" * "<password>"
29
30 I bring up my adsl connection up by, '/etc/init.d/net.eth0 start'.. No
31 problems or warnings for me. I've added net.eth0 to default level..
32
33 Also i dont know whether this post is right to ask my question, but
34 recently when i updated my system (~x86), the network (eth0) came up
35 before the default (level 3) gets started, i.e., even before my firewall
36 starts!!!.. I checked my rc-update, but net.eth0 is still in default
37 level.. Any pointers as to why this happening? Earlier it used to start
38 in default level, but now it seems it starts in boot level..
39
40 Bye,
41 Farhan Ahmed
42 --
43 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
44 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
45 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
46 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)