From: efeizbudak <efeizbudak@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Confusion about gpg-preset-passphrase
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 12:37:14
1 Hi all,
2
3 So I'm trying to use gpg-preset-passphrase but for some reason I keep
4 having to enter the passphrase all the same. I run
5
6 /usr/libexec/gpg-preset-passphrase --preset $KEYGRIP
7
8 and then paste the passphrase (I've also tried this with the keygrip for
9 the [E] subkey as opposed to the [SC]). But then when I try to decrypt
10 a file encrypted for this key I still face pinentry. I also tried
11 running the decryption command with the
12
13 --pinentry loopback --batch
14
15 which just fails with
16
17 gpg: Sorry, we are in batchmode - can't get input
18
19 And I already have in my gpg-agent.conf the following:
20
21 allow-preset-passphrase
22 max-cache-ttl 2147483647
23
24 Am I misunderstanding something here? Can someone please point me in the
25 right direction?
26
27 Thank you!
30 All the best,
31 Efe
32
33 The funny quote of this email is trivial and left as an exercise.