From: Scott Taylor <security@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPd for all.
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:53:00
1 On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 17:33 -0500, Adam wrote:
2 > I would like to share my Printer with all my Linux machines and it's
3 > on my main client machine with CUPS. I hear there is an easy way to do
4 > this, but I have no idea where to look or which method to take.
5
6 Here are the lines to change in your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf of the various
7 machines, I'll assume your lan is 192.168.0.* and you want it to
8 announce itself to that whole subnet.
9
10 On the server to be the print server:
11
12 BrowseAddress 192.168.0.255
13 BrowseAllow 192.168.0.0/24
14
15 <Location />
16 Order Deny,Allow
17 Deny From All
18 Allow From 127.0.0.1
19 Allow From 192.168.0.
20 </Location>
21
22 You might want to add a similar "Allow From" line for the
23 <Location /admin>, or perhaps only allow one or two individual addresses
24 to be able to modify the printer settings.
25
26 On client machines, if you don't have the server announcing, or if the
27 server is in a different subnet, you can force them to ask a particular
28 print server for the devices it has available by specifying its address
29 manually like so:
30
31 BrowsePoll 192.168.0.6:631
36 Scott Taylor - <security@××××××××××××××.com>
37
38 BOFH Excuse #377:
39
40 Someone hooked the twisted pair wires into the answering machine.
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list