From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:53:07
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> On Sunday 28 July 2013 03:22:02 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
7 > >> > Therefore, as of today, anyone can have a Gentoo machine with only
8 > >> > systemd, with no OpenRC installed.
9 > >>
10 > >> Really? Bug 373219 is still open.
13 > > Sorry, I missed your explanation at the end about that one. Ok, thanks for
14 > > what you've done :)
15 >
16 > Mmmh, and I missed this last reply of you.
17 >
18 > Anyway, dealing with /etc/init.d/functions.sh is basically trivial.
19
20 But still, we have lots of packages with no systemd units -- shouldn't
21 they all have a systemd use flag and units to go with it -- basically
22 anything which has something in /etc/init.d . I was looking for a
23 sendmail unit and could find nothing, for one example.
28 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
29 How do
30 you spend it?
31
32 John Covici