From: gentoo@dhaller.de (David Haller)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] splitting audio file at points of silence ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:46:22
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sun, 14 Jun 2020, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 >I want to split an audio file containing crow calls at points
5 >where no crow call is. The "silence" in between is not exactly
6 >"silence" but some low level noise.
7 >
8 >Searching the internet for "split audio at silence" and similiar
9 >gives me this link
10 >https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/318164/sox-split-audio-on-silence-but-keep-silence
11 >
12 >which uses a program called "silence" to detect the silence.
13 >
14 >Unfortunately I can't figure out, what package contains that program
15 >or from where I can download that program.
16
17 You need 'media-sound/sox' and then use the silence effect. Note that
18 it is _one_ command on _one_line in that answer on stackexchange
19
20 sox -V3 audiobook.mp3 audiobook_part_.mp3 silence \
21 1 0.5 0.1% 1 0.5 0.1% : newfile : restart
22
23 See 'man 7 soxeffect'
24
25 HTH,
26 -dnh
29 Ich glaube aber nicht, dass der DDR Ram hat. Er hat seinen Rechner doch erst
30 vor einem Jahr gekauft! Die werden Ihm da doch nicht uralt-Speicherbausteine
31 hereingesteckt haben. Maximal kann er also "Ex-DDR"-Speicher haben (Sprich
32 Infineon, denn die Produzieren ja auch in Dresden ...). -- Konrad Neitzel