From: "Zoltán Füves" <zoleexfz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] linux usb webcam to website
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:55:01
1 Sorry guys to disturb you with like this but I'm stuck
4 I have to 4 usb webcam stream (from 4 different machine) embed to a website
5
6 I read and try adobe flash media server (and it likes to work on linux ) but
7 unfortunately the encoder witch "stream" the webcam to the server is
8 available only windows :( (of course no linux version yet someone use wine
9 to use but I think this is not the best solution )
10
11 I looked for any alternatives I found red5 and an article about how to use
12 the local flashplayer plugin publish the cam ( http://ptm.fi/?p=29 ,
13 http://ptm.fi/?cat=6 ) but I dont really know how to start
14
15 Is it worth to try usb-server to use remote cams as local device?
16
17 If anybody had experiences about like my problem please help my to give
18 some info and manual link
19
20 of course I don't insist the adobe product and solution I just want to work
21 :)
22
23 thanks your time and help
24