From: Christian Marie <pingu@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Bon Echo (why?)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:19:04
1 On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 05:15:14PM -0500, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > I prefer something like FlameCanid that more properly expresses the
3 > fact that "ours" is almost-exactly-but-not-quite-perfectly-the-same.
4
5 We use Bon Echo as it's upstreams default unbranded name. Many other
6 distros are using Bon Echo and changing it to something else would
7 require a reasonably painful amount of patching and maintenance.
8
9 You are allowed to build Firefox with branding, you can't distribute any
10 binaries you build though. We're currently considering enabling branding
11 by default with USE=bindist however it's a complicated issue.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list