From: Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble with Logitech G7 in Xorg 7.0
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:31:56
1 On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 13:01 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've just got myself a new G7 to replace my older MX1000. The problem is
5 > that I can't get the G7 to work at all. Xorg does seem to recognize the
6 > G7 but I can't get any cursor movement at all. I've tried the "evdev"
7 > and "mouse" protocols, but to no avail.
8 >
9 > I am currently running with both mice connected in the hope that the G7
10 > suddenly will work...
11
12 and the strangest thing happened... I went home yesterday after trying
13 out yet another bunch of xorg.conf configuration combination. I was full
14 of frustration of my new expensive mouse that I couldn't get working.
15
16 The mouse didn't work when I went home but it worked when I got back
17 this morning.
18
19 I have *no* glue how that can happen?
20
21 This is the xorg configuration that made it for me (with both mice at
22 the same time). Just let it simmer for a night before testing:
23
24 Section "InputDevice"
25 Identifier "Logitech MX1000"
26 Driver "mouse"
27 Option "Protocol" "auto"
28 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
29 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
30 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
31 EndSection
32 Section "InputDevice"
33 Identifier "Logitech G7"
34 Driver "mouse"
35 Option "Protocol" "auto"
36 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
37 Option "Buttons" "8"
38 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 7 8"
39 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
40 EndSection
41
42 Thanks a lot for all of the responses :-)
43 jules
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list