From: Hogren <hogren@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Broadcom wireless problem after a certain time
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 20:22:31
1 Hello,
2
3 I write to the list for a little strange problem.
4
5 I have a wireless card :
6 # lspci |grep -i 802
7 24:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
10 Globally, the card works fine. I use wpa_supplicant. I have a systemd
11 service to start the connection when I want. The DHCP client works fine
12 too. etc. All is right.
13
14 But, because there is always a "but", After a certain quantity of
15 downloaded data, the card's stopping to work fine. I can't receive
16 anything. I need to stop an restart the systemd service.
17
18 I herd that there is many problems with Broadcom wireless devices
19 because the driver is only based on reverse engineering.
20
21 That is the reason ? And there is a solution for this kind of problem ?
22
23 Thank you very much !
24
25 Hogren