From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 00:08:35
1 Hmm,
2
3 Unfortunately it's so long ago that I don't remember where I saw it. Anyway,
4 works for me.
5
6 Jeff.
7
8 On 01/05/06, Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >
10 > Farhan Ahmed wrote:
11 > > Jeff Rollin wrote:
12 > >
13 > >> I didn't say DG_DISABLE_DEBUG was a USE flag, I said it was a CFLAG.
14 > And it
15 > >> improves the speed of KDE applications too
16 > >>
17 > >
18 > > Read your earlier post.. Anyway where is this CFLAGS 'DG_DISABLE_DEBUG'
19 > > documented? I cant find any reference to it in man gcc. No usable
20 > > results came up when i googled it..
21 > >
22 > > Farhan Ahmed
23 > >
24 > It's not a CFLAG, at least not a compiler flag as you would be familiar
25 > with them. It's -DG_DISABLE_DEBUG, with the hyphen at the beginning,
26 > and all it does is tell the compiler to activate a setting called
27 > G_DISABLE_DEBUG in code that uses it. From my own Googling, it looks
28 > like it's meant to be used by applications linking against Glib in their
29 > build scripts, not by end users.
30 >
31 > In any case, if you're going to use -DG_DISABLE_DEBUG, you should also
32 > add its converse, -UG_ENABLE_DEBUG, since that seems to be the 'proper'
33 > way to do it.
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
42 Argument against Linux number 6,033:
43
44 "...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
45 yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
46 just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."