From: Mike Yarmish <mike.spacer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Tray
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:01:59
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 >Mike Yarmish schreef:
6 >>Hi all, I'm using KDE but with some gtk applications like stardict
7 >>and liferea. Is it possible to change their tray' icons to works like
8 >>icons of a native KDE applications? For example, now I'm using
9 >>tranparent taskbar and all native icons are transparent but gtk icons
10 >>just use window background color. Thanks in advance for your
11 >>suggestions.
15 >No., afaik You are in fact lucky (though you don't know it) that KDE and
16 >GNOME
17 >have the level of interoperability that they have developed-- meaning,
18 >you're lucky you can even see the GNOME application tray icons in KDE,
19 >and vice-versa. Even this much has taken some years to achieve.
20 >
21 >Perhaps the moon (GTK tray icons being of transparent background) will
22 >become available when both KDE and GNOME complete their migration to the
23 >freedesktop.org standard (but don't hold your breath waiting :-( )
24 >
25 >Sorry not to have better news.
26 >
27 >Holly
30 I see...Thank you for the explanation. I'm quite new in the world of
31 linux destops, so I don't know a lot of things =)