From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] QT4 programming setup
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 05:06:49
1 Hello,
2
3 I have qt3 and qt4 installed (?):
4
5 x11-libs/qt
6 Installed versions: 3.3.8-r2 4.2.3-r1
7
8 So I picked up what looks like an interesting book
9 on C++ and QT4 part of the Bruce Perens Open Source series.
10
11 Looking at the brief installation guide it tells you to check
12 your QTDIR setting, so I use 'env | grep QTDIR' and get:
13
14 QTDIR=/usr/qt/3
15
16 When I go to /usr/qt I do not even see a dir for '4'?
17 So I want to set up QT4 so I can follow along the book.
20 But if I look at (moc uic assistant and designer) they look
21 like version 4.2.3:
22 moc -v
23 Qt Meta Object Compiler version 59 (Qt 4.2.3)
24 uic -v
25 Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.2.3
28 I did not find any wikis or such to guide one thru setting
29 up QT4 form programming. Since I use kde as the desktop,
30 I do not want to hose anything on the system.
31
32 Suggestions for setting up QT4 to write some code, without
33 hosing the system, are welcome.....
36 James
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list