From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Booted Gentoo the first time on the Arietta.G25...but...
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:27:29
1 Hi,
2
3 I am half the happiest person this evening... ;)
4
5 With a mix of Robert Nelsons super kernel sources for
6 ARM boards, the Atmel bootloader modified by acmesystems
7 (who produces the Arietta) and the stage3 for armv5 by
8 Gentoo and last but no least some luck the Arietta.G25
9 board is now booting the kernel and (seems) to access the
10 Gentoo rootfs: The stored dmesg output tells about starting
11 udev, so I think the rootfs is entered.
12
13 Previously I had access to the board while using the
14 embedian image by acmesystems.
15 But Shortly after the board was released embedian.org
16 shuts down...the project died.
17 And I alway want gentoo on my systems...
18
19 Now the other not-so-happy part:
20 I still cannot access the board. Problem is:
21 It does not have a real (RJ45) ethernet port.
22 It uses ethernet over usb which works with the
23 debian image.
24
25 I configured Robert Nelsons kernel with the kernel
26 configuration file by acmesystems - so this part should be ok.
27
28 How can I configure Gentoo on the Arietta board
29 to use ethernet-over-usb to be started while
30 booting the Arietta board?
31
32 By "replace everything eth0 with usb0" ??? ;)
33
34 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
35 Best regards,
36 Meino