From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libpng15: fltk & graphicsmagick failed to build
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:21:11
1 On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Oct 18, 2011 12:22 AM, "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 <SNIP>
5 >> Now, in general, don't mix 'em, but here's my package.keywords file
6 >> for my compute server::
7 >>
8 <SNIP>
9 >>
10 >> Most of this is due to me wanting newer versions but I think a few may
11 >> not have stable versions at all, or didn't when I first installed
12 >> them.
13 >>
14 >> - Mark
17 > That seems short ;-)
18 >
19 > My package.accepted_keyword file is already longer than 80 lines... without
20 > X or any GUI :-P
21 >
22 > I'm such a control freak -.-
23 >
24 > Rgds,
27 Yeah, I imagine for lots of people this list looks short. For Meino it
28 might look huge. In my case all my machines (8 of them) run stable
29 mainly because I like the stability it gives me. I then add only the
30 few ~amd64 things I think I that specific machine needs, and in the
31 case of this thread, a package or two that require babysitting until
32 the devs get caught up.
33
34 I try to run eix-test-obsolete after every update to catch when they
35 fix things, as in the case of dev-lang/R. When the version I have
36 installed becomes stable I try to remember to remove the corresponding
37 entry from package.keywords, but I don't always remember.
38
39 - Mark