From: Alexander Meinke <ameinke@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] uvesafb and screen resolution
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:09:48
1 Ian Lee wrote:
2 > i always thought vga= was only used by the old vesafb driver
3 > i use video=uvesafb:1024x768-32
4 > i cant get any wide screen modes to work at all, anybody else know how??
5
6 Did you tried to find out what resolutions are supported by your graphic card
7 (e.g. hwinfo --framebuffer)? I only know this tool to get the necessary hex code.
8 So I don't really know if the vga= option works with uvesafb too.
9 I have to correct my statement that I am using uvesafb. It seems that I am using
10 vesafb. This is because I don't want either any additional userspace application
11 (v86d) nor bootsplash etc.
14 acm.