From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] XDM / GDM hangs when logging in.
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:44:47
1 I've recently installed GDM, XDM, and Fluxbox on a new Gentoo machine. When
2 I boot to XDM, and login as root, everything is fine and dandy, with a nice
3 Fluxbox desktop. When I login as my user, it just hangs on a black screen
4 (which xdm used to do when it was pointing to a wm that didn't exist). CAD,
5 CAB, and CAF1 do nothing, and I'm forced to reboot via the power button. I
6 do not know why it is doing this (perhaps bad permissions for fluxbox?), and
7 I would prefer not to do everything as root.
8
9 On the side, is it possible to customize the appearance of XDM (I know I can
10 for GDM)?
13 Samuel (shardz)
14
15 Noha+Shardz Productions: nsproductions.co.nr
16
17 Registered Linux User #410639
18
19 amarok.kde.org