From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange error when doing emerge @preserved-rebuild
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:09:22
1 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> On Wednesday 20 January 2010 22:45:09 Zeerak Waseem wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:42:05 +0100, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>> However, I do not have any kde packages that I know of -- I wonder what
10 >>>> is pulling that in. I certainly do not have arts.
11 >>>>
12 >> [snip]
15 >>> Perhaps equery belongs arts could help?
16 >>>
17 >> You mean "equery depends -a arts"
20 > Well, I get nothing when running that command -- I did indeed have
21 > kde-base/arts and I unmerged the thing and all is well after that.
22 >
23 > Thanks.
27 I bet you did something I have done many times. You may have had to
28 reemerge arts at some point and forgot to use the -1 option. I have
29 done that more times than I want to mention. It's easy to forget that
30 option.
31
32 Dale
33