From: Francesco Riosa <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tar over ssh
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:35:30
1 Jeff wrote:
2 > Hey guys.
3 >
4 > I've got this big fat backup server with no space left on the hard drive
5 > to store a tar file. I'd like to pipe a tar through ssh, but not sure
6 > what the command would be. Something to the effect of:
7 >
8 > # cat /var/backup | ssh backup.homelan.com 'tar data.info.gz'
9 >
10 > So that, the data is actually being sent over ssh, and then archived on
11 > the destination machine.
12 >
13 tar -zcf - /var/backup | ssh backup.homelan.com "( cat > data.info.gz )"
14
15 something similar, probably is possible to avoid the use of cat bat
16 don't came in mind at the moment
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list