From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] [gentoo-user] Less available memory than installed
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 20:25:56
1 On 03/06/21 21:20, Toldi Balázs wrote:
2 > I tried booting from Minimal install disk. It had the same problem.
3 >
4 > Then I tried pulling the two ram sticks out and put them back. It seems
5 > like this fixed my issue (Although I don't really know what caused it in
6 > the first place).
7 >
8 Could it be that the 7 has a higher clock speed than the 5? Maybe one
9 stick was badly seated (seems like it) and something like that could
10 easily cause it to "disappear".
11
12 > Thanks for everyone's suggestions :)
13 >
14 Cheers,
15 Wol