From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:08:21
1 On Tuesday 12 August 2014 08:31:34 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:38:57 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > > It appears the recent mysql update broke quite a few things, my MythTV
4 > > > fronted started sulking while the backend just sucked up all the CPU
5 > > > cycles. Something else broke too, but I can't remember more than two
6 > > > things these days. @preserved-rebuild showed nothing but
7 > > > revdep-rebuild cleaned things up. It appears that revdep-rebuild is
8 > > > not ready for retirement yet, although this is the first time in ages
9 > > > that I've needed it.
10
11 It's so long since I last needed it that I didn't even think of it this time.
12
13 > > I had a similar experience on two Gentoo boxes, including MythTV. I
14 > > don't think it was myth itself but rather something in-between.
15 >
16 > Yes, I think it was dev-qt/qtsql that broke MythTV. I notice that
17 > dev-python/mysql-python was rebuilt at the same time, so that must have
18 > been missed too, whereas dev-perl/DBD-mysql was re-emerged right after
19 > mysql.
20
21 It broke kmail here. @preserved-rebuild rebuilt dev-perl/DBD-mysql but didn't
22 catch qtsql.
23
24 Thank you all for reminding me of revdep-rebuild.
27 Regards
28 Peter