From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: eudev - is it a viable *long-term* option? - WAS: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating our live servers. I'm scared!
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:05:22
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-03-30 1:41 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> All my servers use mdev.
4 >>
5 >> 'nuff said.
6 >
7 > I do remember the conversation about mdev... probably should have paid
8 > closer attention.
9 >
10 > Is the conversion fairly simple? Is there an updated how-to,
11 > specifically for older udev (171)?
12 >
13 > Thanks...
17 Try this:
18
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev
20
21 That was originally done by Walter and he does subscribe to this list,
22 saw a post not to long ago. If you run into issues, I'm pretty sure he
23 will help if he can.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!