From: romildo@××××××××.br
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pdf viewer for the console
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:06:45
1 On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 01:13:51PM +0100, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 07:32:10 -0200 romildo@××××××××.br wrote:
5 >
6 > > Is there any PDF viewer for the console?
7 > You can use pdftotext, part of xpdf. But it doesn't raster the PDF, it
8 > just extracts text that it can extract and tries to sort it in logical
9 > order. This isn't very comfortable and you're probably losing
10 > information this way.
11 >
12 > If you're looking for a framebuffer solution which rasters the pages: I
13 > didn't found one. I decided that once i have a little bit of spare time,
14 > i'll write a framebuffer driver for ghostscript.
15
16 Would be nice to have such a driver for ghostscript.
17
18 Romildo
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list