From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: aliases
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 05:33:09
1 Thanasis wrote:
2 > on 03/23/2009 05:18 AM Dale wrote the following:
3 >
4 >> I'm not real familiar with aliases but know what it is. If you use the
5 >> alias method, how would you disable it for a one time run?
6 >>
7 >> Dale
10 > You can also use the unalias command, eg:
11 > $ alias ls='ls -la'
12 > $ unalias ls
13 > (then it stays unaliased for the session until you alias it again,
14 > source .bashrc, etc...).
15 > HTH :-)
20 It doesn't like that command here. It may be that I have the alias set
21 up in my profile instead of using the command alias. Does that matter?
22
23 Dale
24