From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Curious emerge behaviour.
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 05:26:51
1 On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM, James Homuth <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I went to run emerge update, and it threw this curious little block loop at
3 > me. "emerge --pretend --quiet --update --deep world" produces:
4 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2)
5 > [blocks B ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10 (is blocking sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)
6 >
7 > Anyone else having this particular problem? Is it a compatibility issue with
8 > either coreutils or mktemp? I'm assuming removing the one will eliminate it,
9 > but if it's a needed package I'd rather not chance it. Any info on this one
10 > would be greatly appreciated.
11 >
12 > James
13 >
14 > --
15 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
19 Yes, I've had this problem and I am sure many others did too...mktemp
20 was a seperate package, but is now included in coreutils. All you have
21 to do is emerge -C mktemp and then update to the new version of
22 coreutils. I've done this on at least 3 comps, so it should work for
23 you with no problems for you.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list