From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] server deployment
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:35:51
1 We're in the process of transitioning from 32-bit Redhat (7 I think) web/app
2 servers to 64-bit gentoo web/app servers. One concern I've got is from a
3 security standpoint, normally you don't deploy webservers with development
4 tools on them. How do you guys handle this question with internet-facing
5 production servers?
6
7 One thought I had was to set up a build server, build the binaries on this
8 server, and do an emerge of the binaries FROM this server to the production
9 servers, with gcc and such removed from them. Will this work?
10 --
11 John Jolet
12 Your On-Demand IT Department
13 512-762-0729