From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall Gentoo? [Was: Building pygtk-2.22.0-r1 fails. Help, please!]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:31:12
1 On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > Call me a clinging cry-baby if you like, but until I'm confident about my
4 > new kernel, I'd like to hang on to the old one, including its sources.
5 > It'd also be nice to run --depclean in the meantime.  Do I have to do
6 > recursive copying or directory renaming to achiev this?
9 Run something like
10
11 emerge --noreplace =gentoo-sources-2.6.38-r1
12
13 to add the kernel you want to keep to your world file, or just add the
14 kernel with it's specific revision to the world file manually. At that
15 point emerge won't delete it and you won't get any messages until
16 portage maintainers remove it from portage.
17
18 HTH,
19 Mark