From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using portage to install packages in home dir
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:30:32
1 On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 11/03/2015 09:53 AM, Stanislav Nikolov wrote:
3 >> Is there a way to make portage work only in $HOME, like setting
4 >> root=/home/asd? I can't find any way to force portage NOT to read
5 >> /etc/portage/make.conf or NOT to write to it's default log dir.
8 > That's what Gentoo Prefix does, and it works on other operating systems too.
9 >
10 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix
13 IMO we don't do nearly enough to promote Prefix. Who needs MacPorts
14 and such when you have Prefix? I consider this a real illustration of
15 the power you get from a source-based distro.
18 Rich