From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem -- is timing?
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:15:15
1 > I'd put /home and /var on the SD card to start with, you may need to
2 > put /usr/src on there too or your SSD may fill up when installing or
3 > compiling a second or third kernel.
4 >
5 > I'd also move the portage tree there, but you can do that
6 > post-installation by moving /usr/portage to /var/portage and changing
7 > PORTDIR in make.conf.
8 >
9 > Mount the partitions in the relevant places for installation,
10 > /mnt/gentoo/var etc.
11
12 OK, been staring at this terminal for about an hour. I'm at
13 root@sysresccd /mnt/gentoo where sda1 is mounted. Do I just mount sdb1
14 on /mnt/gentoo too? Do I delete home and var then mkdirs on sdb2?
15 Won't they just be re-made on the same partition, sda1? I've already
16 unpacked portage on sdb1(mounted on usr), not a problem, I can just
17 delete it. But why is it when I umount sdb1 from usr and mount it
18 under /mnt/gentoo I can't see portage under /mnt/gentoo? It's there
19 when I mount sdb1 on usr. Do I need to fdisk /dev/sdb with all the
20 relevant partitions? Then I'll have one big 4G partition on the SSD
21 and a lot of little partitions on the 8G SD, no?
22
23 mw