From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:52:32
1 >> FWIW only one device, the SD card, can't be found and it is listed
2 >> about 20 times in the boot console before the LVM gives up.
3 >
4 > Is everything needed to use the SD card compiled into the kernel? As it
5 > works after everything is loaded, I suspect not. Look for anything
6 > relevant in the output of lsmod after the system loads and the card is
7 > working, then either add those modules to the autoload file, or build
8 > them into the kernel.
9
10 One step forward, two steps back. The missing module is mmc_block
11 which I added to the file /etc/conf.d/modules(I upgraded to
12 baselayout-2 thinking this would help). Did no good. I see dm-mod and
13 mmc_block getting loaded alright and then just after 'Setting up the
14 Logical Volume Manager':
15
16 Locking type 1 initialisation failed
17 Couldn't find devices with uuid etc...
18
19 mw