From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suspend/resume
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:07:22
1 Grant wrote:
2 > Is there a way to shut the power of my laptop down and then power it
3 > back on and have it resume right where it was when it was powered
4 > down?
5
6 Sure. Install the hibernate package and configure /etc/acpi/default.sh
7 properly:
8
9 case "$action" in
10 power) #/sbin/init 0
11 logger "$group, ACPI action $action thru default.sh invoked - calling /usr/sbin/hibernate"
12 /usr/sbin/hibernate
13 logger "/usr/sbin/hibernate finished"
14 ;;
15
16 You'll also need to compile the "button" module in the kernel.
19 > I think this is called suspend/resume. I see there is a kernel
20 > called suspend2-sources. Is there any way to do it with my
21 > hardened-sources kernel?
22
23 Dunno. But you don't *HAVE* to use suspend2 to do suspend-to-disk. The
24 plain kernel does this as well.
25
26 Alexander Skwar
27 --
28 Brannigan: You'll be negotiating with the aliens' mysterious leaders, the
29 Brain Balls. They've got a lot of brains, and they've got a lot of chutzpah.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list