From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slow UI for firefox 68
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 22:20:18
1 On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 06:16:22PM +0300, Emmanuel Vasilakis wrote
2
3 > I've compiled firefox using these use flags:
4 >
5 > clang custom-cflags custom-optimization dbus gmp-autoupdate hwaccel lto
6 > pgo screenshot startup-notification system-av1 system-harfbuzz
7 > system-icu system-jpeg system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite
8 > system-webp
9 >
10 > (Didn't really change anything from previous firefox versions I compiled).
11
12 You may not have changed, but the ebuild defaults changed to use
13 system libs, and some people have reported crashes, etc with Firefox 68.
14 Try disabling the system-av1 system-harfbuzz system-icu system-jpeg
15 system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite system-webp USE flags. This
16 will force Firefox to build with its own internal versions of these
17 libs. The build may take longer.
18
19 > firefox-bin (69.0) behaves ok.
20
21 firefox-bin is self-contained, and uses its own internal libs... hmmm.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications