From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:53:50
1 On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:37:02 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2
3 > > But the CCDL licence of ZFS precludes its being distributed with the
4 > > kernel. At least, that's how I understand it and the fact that no
5 > > distro distributes a ZFS-enabled kernel makes me believe it is true.
6 >
7 > Did you ever read the CDDL?
8
9 Not completely.
10
11 > People who believe that there is a problem use a wrong interpretation
12 > of the GPL. The CDDL definitely does not prevent combinations with
13 > other software.
14
15 I didn't say the CDDL prevented this. I'm not blaming one of the other
16 licence, but they are considered to be incompatible. I realise you
17 believe otherwise, and you could well be correct, but those who distribute
18 the software either believe otherwise or feel there is enough doubt to be
19 cautious. If in doubt, don't.
20
21 I wish your interpretation was correct, but the prevailing option is
22 otherwise.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Will we ever get out of this airport? asked Tom interminably.