From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev installed but unable to find it
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:17:01
1 wraeth wrote:
2 > On 09/14/2015 06:45 PM, Dale wrote:
3 > > The biggest thing, I just didn't want to screw something up and
4 > > google wasn't returning anything when I searched. No clue why it
5 > > didn't tho. It's rare that google shows no matches. It usually
6 > > finds something even if it is off the mark a bit.
7 >
8 > Likely the minus in front of the MERGING - try searching
9 >
10 > gentoo "-MERGING-"
11 >
12 > Either way, glad it's sorted. :)
15 Thing is, it wasn't really installed. It was just a fluke with
16 portage. In one of the links posted it explained why that part in caps
17 was there. Basically, there is no package by that name. It is just the
18 way portage does things during the build/install phase.
19
20 Yea, it's fixed now. It seems this happens on occasion with different
21 packages. I guess we need to make a note of this, just in case. ;-)
22
23 Dale
24