From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ntp-client slows down the boot process
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 01:27:26
1 On 2019-07-26, YUE Daian <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > By the way does "rc_parallel" really makes a difference?
4
5 <cynic-mode>
6 Yes. It guarantees that when you do have boot problems, you'll never
7 be able to figure out the real problem.
8 </cynic-mode>
9
10 Having more parallel boot operations used to be one of the
11 "advantages" touted by some pro-systemd people. I always thought it
12 sounded like a horrible idea and an excellent reason to stick with
13 openrc.
14
15 I have enough problems figuring out package build failures with -j2. :/
18 Grant