From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] doing gentoo install disrupted
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:48:05
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
3 > Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 8:29 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] doing gentoo install disrupted
6 >
7 > Jude DaShiell wrote:
8 > > I got down to emerge-webrsync and discovered an error in
9 > > portage/make.conf on line 21 non-existent server then emerge-webrsync
10 > > tried to get a time stamp and then speakup died.
11 > > I have a single ssd slot in this machine and may be able to attach the
12 > > gentoo ssd to the computer by usb so I can recover contents of my
13 > > make.conf file and find out what happened in there. It will be a long
14 > > way back to chroot before I can try this again and that's not
15 > > happening today due to space weather. The computer will be off until
16 > > tomorrow and disconnected.
22 > You can pick up where you left off at pretty much any point in a Gentoo install. If you have to shutdown or unmount your install, just follow the mounting and chroot sections again. Once you have that done, pick up where you left off. In the past, I've had to do that before and it does fine as long as you remember where you left off.
23 >
24 > Hope that helps.
25 >
26 > Dale
27 >
29 >
30 Even if you don't remember where you left off, just check if each step has already been done before you do it.
31
32 And unpacking the stage3 I think is the only one likely to actually hurt anything if you do it again. The others would just waste a little time is all.
33
34 LMP